Thursday, January 24, 2013

JPS is Now In iTunes U

I tackled a new project over the recent holiday break. My goal was to get Jenison Public Schools set up with an account within the K-12 sections of iTunes U. The goal has been met.

iTunes U is one of the world's largest online resources of free education content. Contributors can create and upload course materials including:
  • Audio and video
  • Presentations
  • Documents
  • PDFs
  • iBooks textbooks for the iPad
  • ePub books
  • iOS apps
  • Web links
To get the ball rolling, I created our first collection, Working with Discovery.  Visit our iTunes U site and you will find 5 videos that demonstrate basic use of Discovery Education resources. Each student and teacher in our district has a Discovery account which provides access to vast resources for teaching and learning.  My videos cover basic login and logout information, search functions, My Content use, and more.


I encourage each of you to take a moment to explore these resources. Then, I ask you to consider creating your own course that could be included in our JPS iTunes U portal. The opportunity for delivering YOUR educational resources to students is at your fingertips.  I would be happy to partner with you to publish your work.



Dave Tchozewski
Jenison Public Schools
Director of Information Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment